Worship Service Reservations
Sunday, June 13, 2021
10:30 am – 11:30 am
We are happy to welcome you back to Holy Communion at the Church of St. Paul in the Desert. Our service begins at 10:30 a.m. Please arrive by 10:00 a.m.to allow time for our ushers to seat you according to social distance guidelines.
Please wear a mask.Make Your Reservation!
We Are Open for In-person Worship
For the foreseeable future, we will schedule one service on Sundays at 10:30 AM. If you would like to attend, here is what you need to know:
- Please make a reservation online via our OnRealm reservation portal, or by calling the church office at 320.7488, ext. 234. Provide your name, phone number and email address. You will receive a confirmation email or phone call. Those without a reservation will be accommodated if we are able, but we can offer no guarantees.
- Please arrive by 10:00 AM.
- Face masks and social distancing are required.
- Once you arrive, you will be checked in at the entrance door (west side door closest to the street), asked to sanitize your hands and escorted to a seat by one of our service volunteers. Once seated, we ask that you remain in your seat unless you need to use the restroom. Detailed instructions will be given at the beginning of the service; you will be asked to follow the directions of the service volunteers when it is time to receive Holy Communion.
- You will be asked to remain seated through the postlude. Exit will be through the west side door closest to the parish hall and will be directed by the service volunteers.
- A collection plate will be placed near the exit door where you may place an offering as you exit.
Our online services will continue for those who are unable to attend in person.
We are excited to welcome everyone back and hope to see you soon.
June 4, 2021
The Search process for our new Rector is in high gear as candidates visit our church campus and Palm Springs. This photo shows Vestry and Transition Committee members enjoying a distanced dinner after an Evening Prayer service led by one of the candidates. Soon the Vestry will be in discernment to make the call. Your continued prayers for our Vestry, the transition process, the candidates and our parish are much appreciated and essential to a successful call.
Clinton L Carbon, Convener
Pray for our Parish in Transition: Almighty God, giver of every good gift: Look graciously on your Church, and so guide the minds of those who shall choose a rector for this parish, that we may receive a faithful pastor, who will care for your people and equip us for our ministries; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen (BCP p. 818)
Join Our E-Mail List
God has invited us to share the abundant life of Jesus Christ through the Church of St. Paul in the Desert, by serving Christ in others and by gathering to praise and thank God in worship. We are a welcoming, empowering, supportive community.
The Episcopal Diocese of San Diego is a missionary community that dares to follow Jesus Christ in his life of fearless love for the world.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Many regular Church activities and meetings are being cancelled due to health concerns. Please check back daily for updates.