The people of St. Paul in the Desert acknowledge that one person cannot satisfy all the desired qualities which we might seek in our next Rector.
In fact, our search process has been instrumental in focusing on qualities we believe respond to the strengths, challenges and opportunities which characterize the parish at this moment. We also believe that these qualities will be important to the success and well-being of our next Rector and the parish. We offer the following list of qualities for the consideration of any candidate who wishes to explore leading St. Paul in the Desert into its good future.
We most seek a Rector who:
- Offers a spirit-filled welcome to all people
- Celebrates the Eucharist with vision and zeal
- Shows creativity in enriching worship, preaching, music, ministry and mission
- Possesses the skills for training lay leaders and facilitating conversations regarding conflict
- Approaches decisions with a collaborative and trusting point of view
- Maintains fiscal discipline through parish growth and increased giving
It is also our desire that the next Rector:
- Is respectful, responsive to and supportive of the significant LGBTQ community in Palm Springs
- Has an understanding and appreciation of the Hispanic/Latino culture in a multicultural setting
- Recognizes the varied spiritual and temporal needs of different age groups